Thursday, March 14, 2013

Going 'poo-free! Day 3

I'm going shampoo free!  If you haven't read Day 1, you can find it HERE.

Today is Day 3 of going 'pooless, and my second time washing.  So far, I'm thinking this may have been the worse thing I ever did.  Well, not the worst thing.  But I'm not digging it so far!  My hair was not awful this morning, even after not washing at all
yesterday.  It was normal, actually.  But after the extreme flaking I suffered on Day 1, I decided to take some advice I had been given, and added a tiny bit of coconut oil to my ACV rinse.  It seems that I may have made a mistake in doing so.  After washing and letting my hair dry, it is very greasy and overall does not feel clean.  I think it might even have a slight smell, but until I figure out how to sniff my own roots I can't be sure.  Also, it didn't help my dandruff one little bit. 

From what I understand, most women have an 'adjustment period' where their head basically has a spazz attack and tries to get revenge on them for not using shampoo.  I have obviously hit that period.  I'm really kicking myself right now for this, but I said I'd stick with it for a month, so that's what I'm going to do.  Hopefully it won't be long before my scalp calms down and I no longer look like I rubbed my head in lard.

If you joined me in going 'pooless, let me know how it's going!  If you are an experienced no-poo-er, I would love for you to comment and let me know that this stage will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment