Monday, April 1, 2013

I Don't Smell!

A few weeks ago, I saw a picture on Facebook showing the harmful ingredients in deodorant.  Deodorant wasn't really something I had ever thought of as harmful, but that picture prompted me to do some research.  I came to the conclusion that traditional, store-bought deodorant was not something I wanted to continue using.

So, what am I going to do?  I'm not much of a sweat-er under normal circumstances but unfortunately, I live in a place with brutal, humid summers.  Some sort of deodorant is a must-have here.  I did a quick google search and came across a recipe for home-made deodorant.  No chemicals, no fragrance.  I know exactly what's in it.  I made my own deodorant, myself, in my kitchen.  I didn't need to go out and buy anything special, I already had everything laying around my house.  You might want to keep your eyes open for a how-to post this week.  Wink wink.

I've been using my home-made deodorant for a few days now, and so far, I'm not stinky!  I'll admit, it isn't exactly summer so I haven't had a chance to really test it.  But I did spend a good hour in the sun Saturday and I couldn't smell anything.  I've heard that some people with sensitive skin might experience some itching, but I didn't.  So far, I love it.  Why put so many unnecessary things on your skin when something much more natural works just as well?  If you don't know exactly what is in your deodorant and how it affects your body, I urge you to look it up.  I've been trying to simplify my life as much as possible, and this is one way to do it that's so easy I didn't even break a sweat.  HAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment