Monday, April 8, 2013

Join Me! Weight Loss Week 1

Starting today, I'm going to live a healthier lifestyle.  I stepped on the scale this morning (which may not be perfectly accurate due to Midge using it as a drum), and I'm at least 150 pounds.  I'd like to be around 130, and need to be under 140 to be at a healthy weight for my height.  I'll be updating for everyone every Monday, no matter how bad or good the past week went.

Because I'm still nursing, I can't restrict my diet too much.  I need to make sure I eat when I'm hungry and drink plenty of water, so my supply doesn't suffer.  What I can and need to do is eat more frequent and healthier meals during the day.  I'm going to cut down on my soft drink and milk intake and increase my water intake.  The most important, and most difficult, part of my new lifestyle is going to be exercising.  To put things politely, I am a couch potato.  I used to run and dance in high school, but I haven't exercised for more than two days since having my daughter last June.  Part of it is because of my depression, the stress of having a new baby, and lack of time.  Part of it is also because I love to sit.  I've been slowly adding these changes into my life for the past few days.  I'm easing into things.  I've only been working out as much as I think I can, never pushing myself and letting myself dip into the Easter candy.  This week I'm going to turn up the intensity just a bit.

Week: 1
Weight: 150
Target Area: Abs

I'm still not going to push myself to the point of exhaustion.  I still have a baby to take care of and I need to be awake and alive to do that.  This week I'm going to work out at least once a day, focusing on my abs and hopefully throwing a little cardio in there when I get the chance.  My goal this week is to start toning my tummy a little, and elevating my heart rate.  I'm also going to make a few more changes to my diet, like adding in some of the fruits and veggies I bought at the store yesterday.  It isn't going to be easy, but I want to make these changes both for myself and my daughter.  This isn't a diet, this is a lifestyle change.

Join me!  Do you have a weight loss goal?  Are you just looking to make a few little changes in your lifestyle?  Tell me about it in the comments!  I love hearing from you.

3 comments:

  1. You can do it! I don't have any weight loss goals, but I would like to eat healthier and lead a more green lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Eat right and exercise, and you can definitely lose that extra weight.

    After the birth of my daughter, I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight by five months postpartum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely forgot that you mentioned starting this week! Next monday I will be sure to post my about my weightloss journey as well. My goal is to start juicing, detoxing, and eating clean in hopes to drop 35+ before December.

    ReplyDelete