Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Join Me! Weight Loss

  Before my daughter was born, I was 130 pounds.  I dropped down to 120 while pregnant due to morning sickness, then up to 140 and went down to about 125 the day after she was born.  I was all baby!  Unfortunately, I now weigh somewhere between 145 and 150 pounds.  I gained at least 20 pounds within two months after going on birth control.  While I do believe at least some of the weight gain is due to the hormones, I know a good portion of it is due to lack of exercise, stress, and a love for peanut butter cookies.

I am no longer at a healthy weight for my height.  I am between 5'4 and 5'5 and have a medium frame.  To be healthy, I need to be under 140 pounds.  To be happy, I think I need to be 130 pounds or under.  It hit me the other day that I need to do everything I can to be healthy for myself and my daughter.  If you know anything about me, you know that I watch out for myself and Midge as much as possible by eliminating as many harmful chemicals and substances from our lives as possible.  That isn't enough anymore.  I also need to start eating right and exercising.  I need to set a good example for my child.

Starting next week, I am going to weigh myself every Monday and post it here for everyone to see.  I am not doing this to shame myself or anyone else.  I'm doing this to motivate myself and others to get up, get active, and get healthy!  Let's all do this together.  Even if you do not need to lose any weight, we can all benefit from living a healthier lifestyle.  Are you with me?

10 comments:

  1. That's great! Good for you. I have a much longer way to go. I have hypothyroidism and it knocked me for a loop. Four weeks ago I began the fast diet otherwise known as the 5/2 diet. It has been working great. The weight is coming off slowly. It is my hope that it will be a nice permanent loss. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it! Thanks, and I wish you the best too.

      Delete
  2. I'm the same way :( I'm just being lazy. I just feel helpless and weak after my csection and just don't even like the thought of working out. But I need to suck it up and just do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you went through a lot and I think it's fine you wanted to be lazy for a while. It has to end eventually though, and I know you can do it.

      Delete
  3. I need to start as well. I keep putting it off but the best of life gets me. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I'd love to hear from you again later to see how it's going.

      Delete
  4. I would love to join in posting with you! Sadly, I am somewhere around 160...which isn't good for someone who is 5'3". I also want to make a goal of shedding my frame down to 130, and HOPEFULLY 115 by Christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing the same! I'm about to go no poo too! My hair has recently started having terrible buildup from shampoo and conditioner. It happens every couple months. My hair is all overly oily & my scalp is peeling terribly so its super itchy. I've never had dandruff this bad ever. I am doing 2 zumba workouts a day and I am going to weigh myself in a week or so to see progress

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to take the same process for weight loss.

    ReplyDelete