Tuesday, July 16, 2013

3 Easy Ways to Get a Little Healthier Every Day

We live in an over-processed, over-sterilized, fast-food world.  With things like On Demand, Youtube, Coke and bacon, it can be hard to focus on living a healthy life.  Luckily, there are some small ways to become healthier.  These changes are so small, you probably won't even notice them!  Until you start feeling the benefits, that is.  Here are a few things you can do every day to help you become a healthier YOU.

1. Get a little sun - But not too much.  A few minutes of sun every day, about five, is enough to give you your daily dose of Vitamin D in a natural way.  Don't spend too much time in the sun, though, and never stay out if you're feeling too hot.

2. Drink more water.  I know, I know.  You hear it all the time.  But it's true!  Water should be the first beverage you reach for, because it gives your body exactly what it needs when you're thirsty.  Try replacing one other drink a day with a glass of water instead.

3. Learn to listen to your body.  You body will tell you what it needs.  If you're craving a certain food, you may be missing a mineral or vitamin.  If you're in pain, slow down a bit and rest a little more.  If you're always tired, try changing up your diet.  Your body knows what it needs, when it has had too much and when something isn't right.  Learn to read your body's cues, and you'll be on your way to becoming a happier, healthier you.

What easy things do you do every day to get a little healthier?

4 comments:

  1. I've found being a SAHM that I want to cook more from scratch because of all the extra, unnecessary things in the premade, preboxed grocery store specials. I use a lot of recipes from woman's day, good housekeeping and all recipes. We eat healthier, I need to drink more water and less coffee though and I know we all feel a lot better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i drink loads of water and listen to my body but i need to try and get a little more sunlight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... bacon. In all seriousness, though, I'm trying to drink more water. It's just difficult because every time I open a bottle of water, my son comes running up and announcing, "My water!" And then he takes it. I don't drink after him because, well, three year olds backwash. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cook from scratch almost exclusively, and try to limit our processed foods intake. We also stay active outside!

    ReplyDelete