Monday, August 26, 2013

Menstrual Cupapalooza! Review of the LadyCup



Welcome back to my Menstrual Cup Series!  Don't forget to read the first post in the series, Menstrual Cup FAQ.
And my review for the Keeper cup.

Meet the LadyCup.

The LadyCup is a reusable menstrual cup made with medical grade silicone in Europe under Swiss management.  These cups come in a ton of fun colors, with more color choices than I have seen on any other website.  I picked the Lilac cup, and it was not as bright as the photo on the website but still very true to color.



The LadyCup  comes in two sizes:  S(mall), for women who have not given birth to a child or are under the age of 25, and L(arge) for women who have had a child or are 25 years old or older.  Size L measures about 53 mm long without the stem and 46 mm wide at the rim.  The stem on the LadyCup is much shorter than that of the Keeper cup, which I reviewed last week.  The stem is hollow, and both the stem and the base of the cup are covered in very small bumps, which make the cup easier to grip and remove.  


I would consider the rim of the LadyCup to be about a medium in softness.  It's very easy to fold, even trickier folds, but pops open easily as well.  I have found that the punch down fold did not work for me with the LadyCup.  The rim was not firm enough to open from this fold, no matter how much I coaxed it.  The c fold, however, did work very nicely with little to no effort in getting the cup to open after letting go of it.

The holes on the LadyCup are a little different than on the other cups I have tried.  Instead of all being directly or slightly under the rim of the cup, the holes on this cup very in height.  Some are directly under the rim, but every other hole is slightly lower.  I'm not sure what the purpose of this is, but it didn't cause any difficulties using the cup.  This can lower the maximum volume of the cup for some, but because the cup is not slim and streamlined it still has a good maximum volume.

With my LadyCup, I also received a few free samples.  One small tester package of water based lubrication, to help with inserting the cup.  One package containing a sanitary wipe, for wiping the cup instead of rinsing it when in public, and one small sanitizing tablet.  I the idea of the sanitary wipe for cleaning the cup while out in public.  Though I have never had to empty my cup anywhere but my home, I did test out the sanitary wipe and it worked wonderfully.  I have no complains about any of the samples I received.  They all did exactly what they were supposed to do.

Overall, I love my LadyCup.  It's one of my personal favorites.  It's well-made, feels very high quality, and the color choices are great.  Personally, I love the medium softness of the rim and the medium-length body of the cup.  I would recommend it to anyone with a low or average height cervix, someone who likes to have a little more to hang on to without ridges that can irritate, and a women who loves a pop of color.

You can get your own LadyCup HERE.  They sell multiple different packs so you can choose exactly what you want!

Don't forget to stop in again next Monday for another menstrual cup review and giveaway!

I received one or more products free of charge in exchange for my honest opinion on them.  All opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid or compensated for my review.




2 comments:

  1. One issue I had with the menstrual cup when I tried it was folding it and it coming back open. Good to know this one is easy to do both! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a Diva Cup but am thinking about getting a second cup to try. Maybe I will get a LadyCup. Great review!

    ReplyDelete