Friday, November 22, 2013

Introduction to Woven Wrap Reviews


 A Heartiness turqouise arrakis woven wrap

In the next few weeks, I'll be starting a new line of reviews.  I'll be reviewing some woven wraps.  Woven wraps are a long piece of cloth used to carry your baby on your body.  Normally, I don't feel the need to write a post introducing you guys to a new type of review.  The reviews themselves usually give enough information.   Woven wraps are a little different.

The most difficult part of writing reviews for woven wraps is that everyone will have a different experience with each wrap.  There are too many factors that change from person to person.  Some wearers will like thick wraps and others will hate them.  Wearers with newborns may find some wraps very supportive, while wearers with toddlers may find the same wraps to be saggy and unsupportive.  Some people will love the ease of cotton, while other people will like hemp or silk or wool better. How someone feels about a certain wrap is often just personal preference.

Even though each person might have a different experience with the same wrap, there is still a lot I can review for you.  I can still tell you what I liked or didn't like about the wrap, how the quality of the wrap is, if the sizes are accurate, if the wrap is thick or thin, how it holds up to rough use, etc.  I can tell you if I found a wrap was diggy on the shoulders in one carry, but easy on them in another.  I can tell you how supportive the wrap was with my baby.  I can still tell you everything I found out about the wrap, and you can then use that information to decide how you might feel about that wrap.

The most important thing to remember when reading reviews for wraps (especially if you are a new babywearer) is that there is no such thing as the 'best' or 'perfect' wrap.  It doesn't exist.  Every wrap is different, and so are the needs of every wearer.  The 'best' wrap to me might not be supportive enough for a mom with a bigger baby, or it might to too warm for a mom who lives in another climate, or it might not fit well with her style of wrapping.  Hopefully my reviews will help you decide what wrap might be right for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment